Business Continuance & Recovery – RBPN Funded
The Engine’s Advisory Team provides management capability coaching for businesses to manage continuity from disruption.
The Engine Business Continuance & Recovery Coaching works with you one to one weekly for 2-3 hours and to also be available outside this (email/phone/video) to create value by enhancing business-as-usual capability, long-term financial performance and organisational resilience. We will build your management capability skills to return your business to normal service delivery as quickly as possible. The Regional Business Partners Programme has approved 50% funding for the first 3 months of our professional engagement for businesses that meet a set of clear criteria.
More about the NZTE Capability Voucher Fund – Regional Business Partner Network
About the NZTE Vouchers
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise ‘Management Capability Development Vouchers’ are only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors.
Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund or to see what courses & coaching The Engine are approved for click HERE.
Vouchers may be allocated as part of the plan to help businesses pay for up to 50 % of the cost of services from registered providers that improve management capabilities in targeted areas.
How do I qualify for the Voucher?
To qualify for vouchers a business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are an employer;
- Your business has less than 50 staff;
- You do need the financial support from RBPN for business coaching to recover;
- You will be committed to the time for coaching & to implement the BCP & DP plans in your business – including to test.
Next Steps – Businesses need to:
- Make contact with us at email@example.com and advise your business entity, your name & your phone number and we will contact you.
- Our Advisors will arrange a quick video or phone call with you to ask you some questions and assist you with the completion of the form.
- Indicators of commitment include the fact you have sought advice, committed to the time and willing to apply the capabilities to your business; and
- Have identified gaps in your company’s capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training for The Engine’s Business Continuance & Recovery Programme.
- The Engine will help you with the application process for RBPN and provide you with a Growth Proposal for our Programme for your business.
Once you have been through this process, you may be able to access more vouchers in the future, co-funded.
Disaster Recovery (DRP) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) are essential to sustain business operations.
It’s not often that a company faces a pandemic, but natural disasters, man-made disasters, security threats (such as malware attacks) and downtime are all realities. In fact, the world has experienced serious infectious outbreaks within the last 10-20 years with bird flu (H5N1), swine flu (H1N1) and ebola. However these diseases did not spread as quickly and easily as Covid-19, so their impact was more limited.
After the H1N1 pandemic at the latest, risks associated with infectious diseases should have been considered in a BCP.
To ensure business continuity and a smooth recovery process following severe disruptions, it is crucial to carry out a risk assessment, establish a recovery strategy and make concrete continuity plans. Otherwise, organizations stumble unprepared into catastrophe, leaving management less able to address the situation calmly and appropriately.
The Engine Business Continuity & Recovery Programme
Regional Business Partner Network fully fund 50% of the first 3 months of professional engagement for businesses that meet a set of clear criteria. We can guide you through this process and assist with confirmation of eligibility for your company.
Our disaster recovery and business continuity coaching will enable you to gain the skills to identify mission-critical continuity needs, define sources of risk, create an incident response team charter, implement a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS), and improve a business’s resilience. You will learn how to build a disaster recovery plan and implement a BCMS to ensure your business is protected from the constant risk of business disruptions caused by internal and external threats. The Engine will assist you post disaster for a quick recovery.
Overarching framework: The Engine’s approach to managing risks related to disruptive events consists of four phases: prevent, prepare, respond and recover. This proactive and comprehensive approach is vital in preventing and managing disruptive events, as well as enhancing resilience by continuing to create opportunities to improve from adversity.
Management coaching action:
The Engine has a suite of management actions we can draw upon to coach you to manage the range of scenarios which may interrupt your service delivery. If a disruptive event escalates beyond your business-as-usual incident management capability we will coach you on resources that are redirected to disruptive event management and/or disaster and emergency management, depending on the complexity and severity of the impact.
This service will provide management capabililty in:
- Business Continuance Plans. An effective business continuity plan includes more than establishing ways to backup and replicate your data or to have plans to mobile your staff offsite. Through our coaching your BCP will include policies regarding: Emergency response procedures, such as reporting and tracking. Such policies and plan will include: a Public Relations Plan; an Executive Communication Plan that covers communication with organisational management and other stakeholders, if applicable, as well as what your response will be if key leaders are incapacitated or unavailable; a Communication Plan for clients and vendors, as you’ll want to maintain contact with them throughout any potential business disruption, especially if operations are disabled for an extended period of time; an Employee Communications Plan; a Financial Plan to include payroll and an HR plan to integrate people back to work.
- The Engine will also assist with guidance on cashflow forecasting & other requirements to assist borrowings should the company need additional cashflow.
- Implement a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). We will set BCM in the business structure context. Perform a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to identify business priorities. Co-ordinate the response following an incident. Test, maintain, and improve the BCMS.
- Developing an ECM system as part of your business continuity plan is a way for you to quickly respond to disasters and interruptions. We will coach you to enable a digital workplace with cloud technology, giving employees access to information, systems and processes they need to perform their job functions and ensure the business keeps moving & staff feel safe about job security. Automating critical processes that ensure standardisation, consistency and continuity. \
- Disaster Recovery Plan. A DRP should already be developed before any sort of disaster to ensure how it will be resolved. It should be a documented process or set of procedures for recovery. We understand many companies are not equipped so in the course of the learning we will implement a DRP and adopt a test. Our coaches have the tools and training to motivate, guide and support businesses to focus on the future, develop well-articulated plans and take the necessary actions to restart and rebuild their lives.
- Set your Business up for a quick recovery. We will assist you with listing out your steps to rebuilding to increase your chances of recovering. The Engine will coach, guide and support you throughout the recovery process and help get your business back up and running again as quickly as possible.
This programme is designed to be comprehensively tailored to the specific requirements of the business and the committed time and pace of the owner. Costs will vary depending on the size of the business & scope of coaching required but typically start from $10,000 + GST for 3 months and $20,000 + GST for 6 months. If successful with funding then RBPN will cover up to $5000 + GST.
FREE ENGINE ESSENTIALS 12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP WITH EVERY COVID-19 COACHING (VALUE $862.50)